Thursday, November 9, 2006

Ed Bradley Gone...He'll Be Missed


Reports like this always bring home the reality that I am getting older. I can go back in time to the Vietnam War, and remember the reporting of Ed Bradley. He's been a part of my life, my consumption of news for most of my adult life, and now he is gone. He'll be missed by many of us, and I wish him a great ride into eternity.

Ed Bradley of '60 Minutes' Dies at 65

By Howard Kurtz
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/09/AR2006110900820.html
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, November 9, 2006; 12:26 PM


Ed Bradley, the veteran "60 Minutes" correspondent and one of the pioneering black journalists of his generation, died today of leukemia. He was 65.

Bradley, who had won 19 Emmy awards, covered an incredible array of stories after joining the CBS newsmagazine in 1981, from brain cancer to sexual abuse in the Catholic Church to the high school shootings at Columbine.


No comments: